- There are three junior ballet classes; these all have one lesson per week – Nursery (Under 4’s – Red Group), Pre-Preparatory (Under 5’s –Yellow Group) and the Preparatory Group (Under 6’s – Blue Group.)
- Ballet Grades from Primary to Classical Award I are required to have two lessons a week.
- Ballet Grades from Intermediate to Advanced are required to have three lessons a week.
- All Tap and Modern lessons are held on a Saturday
- All students are encouraged and welcome to dance in as many classes as possible.
- All students attend class on a Saturday.
- All students, when at the required Grade are encouraged, whenever possible, to attend the much needed extra class in the week.
Exams and Shows
By working towards either a show or an examination, we at Solihull Young Dancers are encouraging students to develop and achieve standards in a designated timeframe.
It is wonderful to see the students, who love performing on stage, having costumes, putting stage makeup on and spotting ‘mum ‘in the audience in our school productions. Or receiving medals, certificates and trophies after achieving a superb mark in their examinations.
We encourage each child to reach beyond the norm and to exceed all expectations. In our last examination session, November we averaged an impressive 84.5%.
The school works on a two year cycle for example – Jan 2016 – Examination session, Nov 2016 – Examination Session and then in July 2017 – A Solihull Young Dancers Show.
Only pupils that attend all their lessons, including the weekday are guaranteed entry to an examination. All of the teaching staff will of course endeavour to ensure they all reach the required standard to move Grades.
The show takes place at The Core Theatre, Solihull and runs over the course of three nights. All pupils take part in the production which is attended by the Mayor of Solihull. A thoroughly enjoyable end to eight months of hard work and dedication.